Thursday 4 December 2014

Baby Elf Hat

Ooops!!!  I just noticed that my last post was almost 2 months ago.  That's shameful, isn't it?!?  I've been a very BAD blogger!!!  I hope Santa hasn't noticed, otherwise I may well be getting coal in my stocking this year!  Just in case Santa happens to follow crafty blogs, I'm going to try to be a GOOD blogger over the next few weeks.....

Probably even more shameful than my lack of blogging recently has been my lack of crafting!  After Bo was born, I didn't touch my sewing machine, crochet hooks, knitting needles or pretty-paper-stash for months.  Then, about six weeks ago, I picked up where I'd left off all that time ago (though it only seems like 5 minutes ago), and started some serious crafting again.

So now I have lots of show-and-tells in the pipeline.

For today, I wanted to show you a little baby elf hat that I made for Bo. It was the first crafty project I managed to finish since our little elf's arrival.

Here it is.....






I sort-of made it up as I went along.  I couldn't find a pattern that was just right for what I wanted.  I made a similar hat for a friend last Christmas (which you can see here).  It looked very cute when I'd finished it, but it was a bit small and not quite the shape I'd hoped it would be when it was on.  So, for Bo's, I did my own thing.  It doesn't look as cute off, but better on (if you know what I mean).  

You can see for your self how it looks on, anyway.  Next time, I'll share some photos that I took of Bo in his elf hat.  

Until then.....

I hope you're all keeping warm and well, and getting lots of christmassy crafting done!!!

Hugs,

Carly

x



5 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh that is adorable Carly! I bet Bo looks super cute in it ☺ have a lovely Advent! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very adorable!!!!!
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Can't wait to see the pictures! And I think Santa will understand that you've been busy with a new baby!! We all do I'm sure!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hat. Have fun crafting and being Mummy. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...